|2011 Medicare Donut Hole|
|Thursday, 16 December 2010 22:14|
Donut Hole Information
• The gap amount, or dollar threshold where you lose coverage for 2011 is $2840
• You exit the Donut Hole when your total out of pocket expenses reaches $4,550.
• NEW in 2011 when you are in the Donut Hole you will receive discounts of 50% on Brand drugs and 7% on Generic drugs
• After you have spent $4,550 (left the donut hole) catastrophic coverage kicks in and you will have to spend $2.50 per month for generics / $6.30 per month for name brand medications or 5% of the medication's retail cost, whichever cost is higher.
• Healthcare reform plans on eliminating the Donut Hole in 2020 with small increases in the discount each year after 2011
|Last Updated on Friday, 14 January 2011 19:12|